HEAD OF HEALTH ECONOMICS
BRIEF COMPANY PROFILE
Our client develops, manufactures and sells medical devices to hospitals and health care institutions all over the world. The company is driven by a patient centric focus in their successful pursuit in developing global market leading products – done in close collaboration with doctors and nurses across the globe.
Our client is headquartered in Greater Copenhagen with main innovation centers in Denmark and abroad, supported by local development departments and manufacturing sites in Europe, North America and APAC. Most of the company’s revenue is generated through own direct sales affiliates/offices.
The company, has been a front runner in identifying an unmet need in their market and have demonstrated superior capabilities in translating this unmet need into significant growth, driven by a strong innovation platform and well-tuned commercial- and supply chain value chains.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, Nordic & Emerging Markets, the “Head of Health Economics & Market Access” will be responsible for developing and coordinating health economic initiatives with focus on our client's products in the Nordics & Emerging Markets.
The role will be responsible for strengthening the health economic and market access competencies of the organization – hereunder utilizing and developing sales tools (e.g. budget impact models), while educating and training the sales team and distributors on health economic principles, and how to effectively communicate and present health economic studies and results – hereunder budget impact models etc.
Furthermore, the role will be instrumental in driving strong external stakeholder management, which includes leading and taking part in discussions and negotiations with crucial decision-makers. Additionally, the role will be key in influencing decision-making within the Global Health Economic & Market Access function.
Head of Health Econimics & Market Access
Global Marketing Director
Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
25 days per year
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conducting health economic and market access activities within Sales Territory Nordics & Emerging Markets, including cost-comparison studies and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Developing and presenting sales tools (e.g. budget impact models) for the sales team.
- Educating and training the sales team in health economy – hereunder training in effectively presenting and communicating health economic studies and results.
- Communicating health economic results to internal and external customers.
- Implementing market access strategies in key markets.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with external stakeholders & KOL’s.
- Leading and participating in discussions and negotiations with key decision-makers.
- Ensuring close collaboration with the internal Global/Corporate HE & MA function.
Key success criteria:
- Delivering on health economic and market access activities in key markets.
- Successful training and education of the sales team.
- Ensuring seamless and successful cooperation with internal- and external stakeholders.
Relevant education – preferably at Master level.
English – fluent (verbally and written).
Ideal experience and competencies:
- 3+ years of experience with health economics and market access – preferably from a medical device setting.
- Experience with reviewing and communicating economic and clinical results.
- Well-versed in the conduct of cost-comparison studies and cost-effectiveness analyses.
- Experience with budget impact models.
- Facilitator and communicator with the ability to manage and influence colleagues.
- Experience with successfully conveying complex data and information in to lay men terms – hereunder conveying scientific value argumentation to non-health economists.
- Solid experience from a fact/data-driven organization.
- Solid experience in managing projects – preferably across different markets.
Demonstrated superior business acumen/commercial mindset combined with strong numeric skills and scientific understanding.
Communicates the central issues in a discussion in a clear, fluent and precise manner and is able to keep recipients' attention. Is attentive to the needs of others when speaking and produces written material that is clear, fluent and precise.
Divides problems into relevant parts; sensitively integrates the analytical output into the given context; differentiates between key areas and irrelevant and less important areas; has a logical mind-set; makes sensible decisions on the basis of available information.
Strong experience in communicating and building relations to secure strong dialogues with internal- and external stakeholders. Is able to establish and maintain relations with people at all levels, internally as well as externally, and makes people feel at ease. Achieves agreement by dealing with disagreements and potential conflicts with diplomatic skills. Develops and maintains networks.
Inspires others, creates followership and encourages the achievement of joint set goals by promoting a sense of purpose. Provides inspiration for a positive work attitude and prompts a strong wish to succeed in the team.
Direction and responsibility
Ensures that employees and peers have a clear understanding of, and commitment to, direction and tasks. Organizes resources, takes action and directs others toward successful execution. Drives projects forward to reach pivotal objectives, makes things happen and follows through.
Is independent, self-assured, has a realistic belief in own abilities to take suitable measures in the execution of tasks, expects success regarding own initiatives, able to maintain momentum in case of adversity.
For further information:
Albright Partners A/S at:
M: +45 2233 2927