COUNTRY MANAGER, NORDIC
BRIEF COMPANY PROFILE
Our client is a global, market leading provider of veterinary pharmaceuticals and connecting products.
Building on a strong heritage our Client has continuously expanded its global footprint and is today celebrating more than 20 years of healthy growth driven by a strategic focus on portfolio, pipeline delivery, geographic expansion and acquisition. The company headquarter is located in the United Kingdom, and with a strong global presence, the Client employ close to 1300 people globally.
Driven by a set of strong values our client offers a challenging position in an informal – though dedicated and dynamic – global organization with a high degree of interorganizational collaboration and focus on joint effort and commitment
The Nordic Commercial Organization
The Nordic organization is responsible for maintaining and growing the commercial footprint in the Nordic markets including Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway.
With regional head office in one of the capital cities in the region, the Nordic organization encompass sales and marketing functions including key account management and product management, as well as technical services functions, regulatory affairs and supply chain.
The role as Country Manager, Nordics will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to achieve revenue and profitability goals in an organization known for its high level of adaptability, strong inter-team collaboration and remarkable customer proximity. Through strong in-field presence and coaching of the commercial team, the position will be responsible for ensuring continued growth and development of the Nordic sales platform – hereunder utilizing, managing and optimizing product and service solutions, sales processes and sales tools, while growing the product revenue streams based on increasing or maintaining market share and veterinary practice penetration.
The candidate will lead and manage the Nordic commercial organization – spanning multiple functional layers while developing a high performing culture that enables the team to acquire and retain customers across the four markets: Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway.
As a part of the senior management team the Country Manager, Nordics will take over the top position of the Nordic Commercial Organization and gain full responsibility for a highly recognized and successful business. The right candidate will have the unique chance to lead, impact and shape the continued success in markets with very high potential.
Country Manager, Nordic
Managing Director, Europe
Frequent travel to meet customers, coach sales teams and attend meetings internationally should be expected.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
· Leading and motivating an experienced team of 25+ FTE’s working closely together across multiple functional layers to grow the business.
· Developing and cultivating a high performing team that deliver business results through the retention and acquisition of customers.
· Developing business strategies and sales execution that support, develop and improve customer value in collaboration with the management team and the wider organization.
· Delivering top line and bottom-line growth with full profit and loss responsibility.
· Building and maintaining contact with key veterinary practices while consistently expanding the customer and opinion leader network.
· Monitoring market dynamics and identifying business opportunities.
· Building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders in the European Headquarters in order to maximize business results.
· Preparing and agreeing to annual business plans and sales budgets for each country.
· Being part of the larger country management team of Europe – hereunder being closely involved in strategical and tactical discussions and decisions.
· Driving performance reviews and development planning processes with annual and half year reviews – including effectively coaching and guiding all employees to support career development.
Key success criteria:
· Deliver top-line and bottom-line growth reflecting the agreed targets and overall strategic plan by delivering a dynamic, proactive and energetic business through the management of people, products and costs.
· Effectively coach and mentor team members through both individual and team development to continuously improve their performance and meet succession planning needs.
· Develop synergetic relationships with other territories and work closely with central functions (e.g. marketing, finance, logistics, HR, IT) to maximize both country and company performance and realize targets.
Establish and build valuable commercial relationships with key customers and industry groups to ensure a high level of client interaction.
University degree or higher vocational education within agriculture, veterinary medicine, business or like
Fluent in English (verbal and written) and fluent in one or more of the Nordic languages (verbal and written).
Ideal experience and competencies:
· + 3 years’ experience in a management position, preferably in general management in an international environment.
· Proven track record and long-time experience in sales or marketing in the field of animal health or similar industries/markets.
· Successful experience in building and leading high performing teams to establish and exceed objectives.
· Successful experience in change management.
· Proven track record in successfully influencing key stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Deep practical understanding of customer and market needs.
Successful experience in building and maintaining strong customer networks and opinion leader relationships.
Performs superior leadership in global and dynamic contexts, with strong focus towards relationship building and management, alongside the motivation and development of human capabilities in the team.
Defines a clear vision and looks beyond and immediate difficulties to focuses on long-term objectives and consequences. View things in a broad perspective and takes environmental circumstances into account when planning and developing strategies.
Makes a good first impression and displays a high degree of empathy, trustworthiness, confidence and sturdiness inspiring trust and honesty.
Communicates the central issues in a discussion in a clear, fluent and precise manner and is able to keep recipients' attention. Is attentive to the needs of others when speaking and produces written material that is clear, fluent and precise.
Inspiration and motivation
Inspires others, encourages the achievement of set goals by promoting a sense of purpose, provides inspiration for a positive work attitude, prompts a strong wish to succeed in the team.
Collaborates and works well with others with a view to obtain overall team objectives. Is involving and supporting of team members and shares information.
Works systematically and is highly organized and methodical, while displaying perseverance and consistency towards commenced responsibilities, tasks and projects.
Builds strong and effective organization and champions the philosophy of continuous improvement with a high degree of integrity fostering transparency, reliability and trustworthiness – personally and professionally.
Is able to establish and maintain relations with people at all levels internally as well as externally and make people feel at ease. Achieves agreement by dealing with disagreements and potential conflicts with diplomatic skills. Develops and maintains networks.
For further information:
Albright Partners A/S at:
M: +45 2575 8193